Academic Molecular Genetic Pathologist- Solid Tumor & Hematologic Malignancies
Academic Molecular Genetic Pathologist-Solid Tumor & Hematologic Malignancies
University of Vermont Medical Center
Nestled in beautiful Burlington, Vermont, the University of Vermont Medical Center offers an unparalleled blend of professional growth and exceptional quality of life. We are actively recruiting for an Academic Molecular Genetic Pathologist to join our collegial, dynamic faculty. This faculty position is at the rank of Assistant, Associate, or Professor on the Clinical Scholar (non-tenure) Pathway.
• Deliver high-quality Genomic Medicine services for patient care focused on genomic analysis in solid tumors and hematologic malignancies, with opportunity to participate in germline and pharmacogenomic services.
• Provide clinical service at approximately 80– 90% effort in Genomic Medicine.
• Leadership opportunity exists to serve as the Division Chief for candidates with experience in laboratory management, excellent communication skills, and a commitment to teamwork; leadership as Division Chief provides 10% funded effort.
• Board Certification and/or experience in clinical informatics is a plus.
• Collaborative participation in multidisciplinary patient care.
• Educate and mentor medical students, residents, and fellows in pathology and laboratory medicine.
• Engage in scholarly activities aligned with your interests and expertise; receive 10% funded effort for creative scholarly and/or educational activities.
• MD or DO degree.
• American Board of Pathology certification in Anatomic Pathology with or without additional certification in Clinical Pathology.
• American Board of Pathology certification or eligibility in Molecular Genetic Pathology.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Experiences and/or training in diversity, equity and inclusion best practices.
• Flexibility in patient care and scheduling.
• Familiarity with EMR systems and clinical informatics is a plus.
• Join a collegial faculty in our department composed of 66 anatomic pathology, clinical pathology, and research faculty colleagues.
• Work closely with a group of 5 Genomic Medicine colleagues in the Section of Genomic Medicine.
• Serve as an expert in our regional reference laboratory serving Vermont and upstate New York patients.
• Benefit from an initial three-year academic funded 10% FTE effort for scholarly and educational activities.
• Collaborate with multiple departments within the UVM Health Network.
• Outstanding benefits package including the UVMHNMG’s medical student loan repayment assistance.
For those passionate about Genomic Medicine with commitment to providing superior patient care, we invite you to apply and join our esteemed team at the University of Vermont Medical Center.
Interested individuals should apply online at UVM Jobs and reference position number 00026796. Please include a detailed introductory cover letter, a statement about your contributions to inclusive excellence, curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information for three references. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The University of Vermont is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category legally protected by federal or state law. The University encourages applications from all individuals who will contribute to the diversity and excellence of the institution.
For more details, please visit: Link to Apply