Anesthesia MD for New England Baptist
Anesthesia MD for
New England Baptist
Full-time Anesthesiologist position available at New England Baptist Hospital (NEBH) in Boston. NEBH is a nationally recognized orthopedic subspecialty hospital whose mission is to transform the lives of those we serve by promoting wellness, restoring function, lessening disability, alleviating pain, and advancing knowledge in musculoskeletal diseases and related disorders.
NEBH is a 75 hospital with 16 operating rooms. Services include: Total Joint Replacement, Joint Preservation, Sports Medicine, Foot and Ankle Care, Physical and Occupational Therapy, Non-Orthopedic Medical Specialties, Pain Management, Radiology, Complex Spine Deformity and Revision Surgery, Hand and Upper Extremity Care and Sports Medicine.
The Department of Anesthesia at NEBH offers a case mix of both MD only, and CRNA supervision. The practice involves predominantly neuraxial and regional anesthesia for joint surgery, and general anesthesia for spine surgery.
Call at NEBH: beeper call usually one weekday per week and 3 weekends per quarter (11-12 calls annually), there is no in-house call
- Weekday Call requires the MD provider to be in house until all cases in the OR are completed and patients are stable for discharge in PACU, usually between 7pm and 9pm. After hours back up call for urgent or emergent add-on cases.
- Weekend Call (Friday-Monday AM) is beeper call from home, for any add on urgent or emergent cases, and for airway emergencies not manageable by the in-house medical team.
Boston and New England have so much to offer: Four seasons, outstanding recreational options (hiking, skiing), the ocean and beaches, world-class cultural and theater attractions, the country’s best education institutions and world-class hospitals, rich history, championships sport teams and great nightlife, restaurant and club scene. Places like Harvard Square, Faneuil Hall, Fenway Park and Gillette Stadium and Cape Cod National Seashore are known the world over.
Skills & Requirements:
- Requires a degree in medicine from an accredited medical school and is licensed to practice medicine in Massachusetts
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience or fellowship training
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within orthopedic anesthesia. Relies on sound experience and judgement to plan and accomplish safe treatment goals
- Works collaboratively with all APHMFP staff
- Adaptability and confidence are valued
- Adherence to established practice guidelines as set by the department and governing bodies is mandatory
- Board certified or board eligible in Anesthesiology
- Regional anesthesia experience preferred
HMFP respects diversity and accordingly is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, medical conditions related to pregnancy and childbirth, and breastfeeding), sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Questions please contact: Rosanna Kelleher (email@example.com)