Physician Fellow - Emergency Psychiatry - Arrowhead Regional Medical Center
Colton, CA – Seeking Emergency Psychiatry Physician Fellow
Join the Physician Partnership Where You Have A Voice
Vituity’s ownership model provides autonomy, local control, and a national system of support, so you can focus your attention where you want it to be – on your patients.
Join the Vituity Team. Vituity is a 100% physician owned partnership and is led by frontline physicians that are all equitable owners. As an equal and valued partner from day one, our ownership model provides you with financial transparency, a comprehensive benefit package including profit distribution, and multiple career development opportunities. Our leadership understands what your practice needs to thrive and gives you autonomy and local control so you can provide care when, where, and how your patients need it. You are backed by a best-in-class corporate health care team and supported by the broad peer-level expertise of 5,000 Vituity clinicians. A patient-first focus drives everything we do, from continually seeking improvements in care delivery to developing and implementing innovations in healthcare. We believe everyone has a role to play in that.
Vituity Locations: Vituity has opportunities at 450 practice locations across the country, serving 8 million patients a year. With Vituity, if you ever need to move, you can take your job with you.
- Graduates from our Emergency Psychiatry Fellowship will become pioneers in a unique and emerging specialty that will transform how Emergency Departments treat psychiatric patients.
- The successful fellow will receive training by nationally recognized experts in the field of Emergency Psychiatry.
- Training will focus on the assessment, management, and disposition of emergency psychiatric patients through hands-on experience in both the medical ED and various acute psychiatric settings.
- Fellows will gain experience as a physician leader of an inter-disciplinary team to shape improvements in the system-based delivery of emergency psychiatric care.
- The fellow will also gain critical knowledge of diagnosing and managing acute medical conditions that can often exacerbate psychiatric conditions.
- This one-year fellowship opportunity is available to psychiatry residents graduating in good standing from ACGME accredited residency programs and after completion of the equivalent of 4 years of a residency in psychiatry.
- Current CA state license a plus.
Arrowhead Regional Medical Center – Colton, California
- An academic teaching hospital with both an established in-house EM Residency Program and an established in-house EMPA training program.
- EM Residency Program began as an AOA program in 2004 and received ACGME initial accreditation in September 2017. Continued accreditation was granted January 2020.
- EM residency has 32 residents; large number of residents are from a variety of services/programs, medical students and PA fellows/students.
- 8 ACGME accredited residency programs: Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, OB, Psychiatry, Surgery, Radiology and Neurology.
- 4 ACGME accredited fellowships: EMS, Maternal Fetal Medicine, Pulmonary/Critical Care, and Surgical Critical Care.
- Graduate Medical Education has been an integral part of this hospital for the past 70 years.
- ARMC is a 456-bed university-based teaching hospital for the newly LCME accredited California University of Science and Medicine (CUSM).
- The facility is a Level II Trauma Center with a 50-bed Emergency Department that sees 100,000+ annual ED patient visits and handles approximately 3,000 severely injured trauma patients each year.
- Soon to be Level I trauma center.
- Located on 70-acre campus and operates as a tri-regional burn center, primary stroke center, and behavioral health center.
- Numerous primary care centers are located throughout the County of San Bernardino as well as more than 40 outpatient specialty care centers.
- Backup specialties include neurosurgeons, surgeons, neonatologists, and more with 24/7 on-site coverage.
- Vituity also staffs the neurology group and scribe program – providing care across the continuum to deliver a coordinated acute care experience for every patient.
- The Emergency Department has several new Mindray TE7’s, 2 Sonosite Xporte’s, 1 Sonosite Edge, a TEE probe, and QpathE. Heartworks is being purchased soon.
- Guaranteed blue skies and sunshine year-round.
- Explore the great outdoors: hiking, biking, golfing, swimming, and more!
- Relax, Rejuvenate, and Play—spas, casinos, nightclubs, restaurants, boutiques, art galleries
Benefits & Beyond
Vituity cares about the whole you. With our comprehensive benefits package, we are mindful of what matters most, and support your needs of today and your plans for the future.
- Superior Health Plan Options
- Dental, Vision, HSA/FSA, life and AD&D coverage, and more
- Partnership models allows a K-1 status pay structure, allowing high tax deductions
- Extraordinary 401K Plan with high tax reduction and faster balance growth
- Eligible to receive an Annual Profit Distribution/yearly cash bonus
- EAP, travel assistance, and identify theft included
- Student loan refinancing options
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives including LGBTQ+ History, DÃa de los Muertos Celebration, Money Management/Money Relationship, and more.
- Purpose-driven culture focused on improving the lives of our patients, communities, and employees.
We are unified around the common purpose of transforming healthcare to improve lives and we believe everyone has a role to play in that. We know that when we work together across sites and specialties as an integrated healthcare team, we can exceed the expectations of our patients and the hospitals and clinics we work in. If you are looking to make a difference, from clinical to corporate, Vituity is the place to do it. Come grow with us.
Vituity appreciates differences; our dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion is at the heart of our organization. Vituity does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information (including family medical history), veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law. Vituity is committed to complying with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity.
Applicants Only. No agencies please.