Residency Core Faculty - Emergency Medicine - Kaweah Health Medical Center
Visalia, CA – Seeking GME Quality Medical Director
Join the Physician Partnership Where You Have A Voice
Vituity’s ownership model provides autonomy, local control, and a national system of support, so you can focus your attention where you want it to be – on your patients.
Join the Vituity Team. Vituity is a 100% physician owned partnership and is led by frontline physicians that are all equitable owners. As an equal and valued partner from day one, our ownership model provides you with financial transparency, a comprehensive benefit package including profit distribution, and multiple career development opportunities. Our leadership understands what your practice needs to thrive and gives you autonomy and local control so you can provide care when, where, and how your patients need it. You are backed by a best-in-class corporate health care team and supported by the broad peer-level expertise of 5,000 Vituity clinicians. A patient-first focus drives everything we do, from continually seeking improvements in care delivery to developing and implementing innovations in healthcare. We believe everyone has a role to play in that.
Vituity Locations: Vituity has opportunities at 450 practice locations across the country, serving 8 million patients a year. With Vituity, if you ever need to move, you can take your job with you.
- Our dynamic faculty are heavily involved in community outreach, service and leadership on local and state levels.
- Serve as the Chair of GMEC’s Quality Improvement and Patient Safety committee.
- Lecture to residency program leadership and respective core faculty.
- Garner participation in current institutional and GME goals, seeking to improve quality and patient safety for our patients.
- Work closely with the hospital’s director of Quality Improvement and the Quality Medical Director.
- Serve as a core faculty member for the EM residency program.
- Courses in Just Culture, DMAIC, TeamStepps, Six Sigma are offered to enhance development of this role.
- Reports to the EM Program Director as core faculty for the Dept of Emergency Medicine as well as Kaweah Health’s Chief of Medical Education/DIO.
- 50 hrs./month of protected time is offered for academic duties.
- 75 hours of clinical duties working as an Emergency Medicine physician would provide needed hours for Partnership advancement and will be managed by the site Medical Director.
Required Experience and Competencies
- Previous experience as core faculty or quality work is preferred but not required.
- Looking for faculty driven to provide care in a medically underserved area.
- Must demonstrate the leadership and communication skills required to assist in the development and execution of quality improvement projects by faculty, residents, and fellows from all programs.
- Must meet the qualifications and requirements for the EM residency program.
Kaweah Health Medical Center – Visalia, California
- Our hospital is an ACS recognized Level III trauma center with an annual ED census of around 90,000 and 581 inpatient beds.
- We are a primary stroke center, STEMI receiving center, and 24/7 trauma and neurosurgery services.
- As the largest hospital in Tulare County and the only trauma center for a catchment area of nearly 500,000, our residents receive exceptional experience in caring for patients from all walks of life with a wide array of presenting complaints.
- The 6 current ACGME accredited residency programs are: Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Psychiatry, General Surgery, Anesthesiology, and Transitional Year.
- Located in the heart of the Central Valley, this is a great home base as it is an easy drive from all of California’s major population and business centers and lies at the base of the Sequoia and Kings National Parks.
- Visalia offers plenty of charm with its rich history, vibrant downtown and community atmosphere.
- The city captivates visitors year-round and is an ideal family-friendly environment ideal for work or play.
Benefits & Beyond*
Vituity cares about the whole you. With our comprehensive benefits package, we are mindful of what matters most, and support your needs of today and your plans for the future.
- Superior Health Plan Options
- Dental, Vision, HSA/FSA, life and AD&D coverage, and more
- Partnership models allows a K-1 status pay structure, allowing high tax deductions
- Extraordinary 401K Plan with high tax reduction and faster balance growth
- Eligible to receive an Annual Profit Distribution/yearly cash bonus
- EAP, travel assistance, and identify theft included
- Student loan refinancing options
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives including LGBTQ+ History, DÃa de los Muertos Celebration, Money Management/Money Relationship, and more
- Purpose-driven culture focused on improving the lives of our patients, communities, and employees.
We are unified around the common purpose of transforming healthcare to improve lives and we believe everyone has a role to play in that. We know that when we work together across sites and specialties as an integrated healthcare team, we can exceed the expectations of our patients and the hospitals and clinics we work in. If you are looking to make a difference, from clinical to corporate, Vituity is the place to do it. Come grow with us.
Vituity appreciates differences; our dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion is at the heart of our organization. Vituity does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information (including family medical history), veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law. Vituity is committed to complying with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity.
*Visa status applicants benefits vary. Please speak to a recruiter for more details.
Applicants Only. No agencies please.