Plastic Surgeon- Assistant/Associate Professor/Professor
The Department of Surgery at the University of Illinois College of Medicine Peoria is seeking an experienced plastic surgeon to join its faculty and to provide services at OSF HealthCare Saint Francis Medical Center in Peoria, Illinois. The successful candidate will be fellowship-trained in plastic surgery and with significant experience in breast and head and neck reconstruction as well as cosmetic plastic surgery. They must also have exceptional clinical outcomes, interpersonal skills, and a commitment to the long-term development of a plastic surgery program in the community. The position will include a faculty rank of Assistant, Associate, or Professor, commensurate with experience level.
The faculty member will have the opportunity to teach residents, engage in research and participate in clinical program development. Our Department vision includes providing excellent clinical care while helping educate future physicians. Support includes the Department of Surgery faculty and residents in addition to existing mentors in plastic surgery. Our community has a strong support team of physicians that work with the local community in providing the highest-level care for patients.
Position is ideal for applicants with strong teaching abilities and interpersonal skills. There are many opportunities to grow and advance within the Department of Surgery. This individual will also participate in quality improvement activities and develop initiatives, programs, and research studies in collaboration with other attending physicians, residents, and medical students. A strong research program infrastructure exists, and there are multiple opportunities for engagement in local, regional, and national professional societies.
• Eligible to obtain permanent Illinois medical license
• American Board of Plastic Surgery certification or eligibility.
• Fellowship-trained in plastic surgery with significant experience in breast and head and neck reconstruction surgery and cosmetic procedures.
• Eligible for faculty appointment at rank of Assistant/Associate Professor/Professor
• Candidates must hold or be eligible for an Illinois medical license.
• Must be eligible for medical staff membership and privileges at university-affiliated teaching hospital
• Must be eligible as a provider for Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal health programs.
• Licensed by the Federal Drug Enforcement Administration and the State of Illinois to prescribe narcotics, if applicable.
Other desired (but not required) qualifications include:
• Experience in teaching plastic surgery to medical students and residents.
• Peer recognition in field and participation in regional/national societies and editorial board appointment on specialty journals.
• Experience in presentation/participation in national meetings on specialty topics.
• Basic science, clinical, or education research skills.
Compensation, Benefits and Community
Competitive base salary plus incentives, generous vacation pay and sick time, loan repayment options, paid occurrence- based malpractice, CME and association and membership dues, health, life, and dental insurance, retirement plan and paid relocation.
OSF HealthCare Saint Francis Medical Center is the fifth largest medical center in Illinois. A major teaching affiliate of the University of Illinois, College of Medicine at Peoria, OSF partners with both residency and fellowship programs. It is the area’s only Level 1Trauma Center and a tertiary referral center for all emergency surgery for a large catchment of central Illinois.
Peoria is a mid-sized city nestled in the Illinois River Valley that provides opportunities for a variety of lifestyles. Live in the City of Peoria, with its urban amenities and hustle. Or choose suburb small town or rural life with a laid-back community vibe and community schools. Whatever you choose:
• High quality life with a lower cost of living
• Three hours or less from Chicago, St. Louis, and Indianapolis
• Easy commutes everywhere
• Excellent area schools
• General Wayne Downing Peoria International Airport
• A variety of great dining and entertainment options
Excellent salary and benefits package. Level of academic appointment based on experience.
**Please email Jennifer Young at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your application.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Illinois System is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer dedicated to building a community of excellence, equity, and diversity. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment and we welcome applications from qualified individuals of all backgrounds and identities. The University of Illinois System does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on their real or perceived race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, order of protection status, genetic information, marital status, disability, sexual orientation including gender identity, unfavorable discharge from the military or status as a protected veteran and will comply with all federal and state nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action laws, orders and regulations.
Criminal Background Check
The University of Illinois may conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Prior Sexual Misconduct Check
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment.