Medical Director - Skilled Nursing Facility - Autumn Meadows of Cahokia
- East St Louis, IL, US,
- Mar 15, 2023
- Apr 15, 2023
Cahokia, IL – Seeking Skilled Nursing Facility Physician for Medical Director
Join the Physician Partnership Where You Have A Voice
Vituity’s ownership model provides autonomy, local control, and a national system of support, so you can focus your attention where you want it to be – on your patients.
Join the Vituity Team. Vituity is a 100% physician owned partnership and is led by frontline physicians that are all equitable owners. As an equal and valued partner from day one, our ownership model provides you with financial transparency, a comprehensive benefit package including profit distribution, and multiple career development opportunities. Our leadership understands what your practice needs to thrive and gives you autonomy and local control so you can provide care when, where, and how your patients need it. You are backed by a best-in-class corporate health care team and supported by the broad peer-level expertise of 5,000 Vituity clinicians. A patient-first focus drives everything we do, from continually seeking improvements in care delivery to developing and implementing innovations in healthcare. We believe everyone has a role to play in that.
Vituity Locations: Vituity has opportunities at 450 practice locations across the country, serving 8 million patients a year. With Vituity, if you ever need to move, you can take your job with you.
- Communicate and promote Vituity’s mission, vision, values, culture and strategy.
- Assure compliance with all Vituity requirements and policies and communicate those requirements to all Vituity providers.
- Monitor current and future healthcare and economic trends. Assess their potential impact on the practice and local geographic region.
- Develop, implement and monitor an annual practice management plan that includes goals and objectives to continually meet the expectations and provide value to patients, clients, providers and the local community.
- Lead local site administrative management team, by identifying team members and aligning their responsibilities to achieve practice goals.
- Possess a full understanding of hospital expectations and ensure compliance with contract terms.
- Monitor operational and quality metrics and implement Vituity initiatives and operational programs to continually improve performance.
- Monitor site financial performance and identify and create new areas for growth and revenue.
- Develop an expertise and understanding of the yearly budget, financial performance measures and monitoring systems, and billing and reimbursement issues / systems.
- Improve patient census and billing practice statistics to optimize reimbursement for the practice.
- Awareness and interactions with payers such as significant IPA’s, Medical Groups, Foundations, ACO’s associated with the hospital / health system.
- Recruit, onboard and train new providers, ensuring the practice is optimally staffed with qualified providers.
- Provide learning and development opportunities and mentoring to providers and staff to enhance their clinical acumen, leadership skills and overall professional growth.
- Evaluate the performance of physicians and PA / NPs in compliance with Vituity policies and guidelines.
- Monitor physician competencies with progressive improvement using appropriate metrics. Counsel, suspend, or remove staff from the schedule as necessary in compliance with Vituity polices / guidelines.
- Participate in contract negotiations in conjunction with the Regional Director.
- Develop, foster and maintain productive and collaborative working relationships with hospital leadership, nursing staff and other healthcare team members.
- Ensure practice is appropriately represented and demonstrates their value through leadership roles (as applicable) and/or participation with hospital management, medical staff leadership, Medical Executive, Medical Staff and other hospital committees, and within the local community.
- Fully understand Vituity policies and fiduciary obligations and ensure compliance from providers.
- Model Vituity’s Partnership Principles through fostering open communication and transparency of decisions (ex. Annual review of administrative stipends and scheduling preferences).
Required Experience and Competencies
- Superior clinical skills in order to serve as role model by setting high standards.
- Administrative experience and aptitude.
- Interest in interpreting complex financial data and with understanding of finance and accounting as they relate to practice management.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills; ability to motivate physicians and non-physicians, manage multiple assignments, work successfully with a diversity of people and locations, maintain good working relationships, and be a supportive team member.
- Ability to establish effective relationships quickly with both clients and non-clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Autumn Meadows of Cahokia – Cahokia, Illinois
- Autumn Meadows is a 150 bed Skilled Nursing Facility
- Services provided in Clinical Labs, Occupational therapy, Dental care, Mental Care, Podiatry, Speech Pathology, Dietary, Nursing, Physician, Physical Therapy, X-Rays and many others
- Cahokia, a suburb of St. Louis, is in St. Clair County, Illinois located just east of the Mississippi River
- About 15 miles from St Louis, MO and all of its big city culture while enjoying the perks of living in a small-feel city
- 20 minutes outside of Belleville: home to many nationally recognized festivals and cultural events; Belleville’s Annual Chili Cook-Off, Art on the Square, and more!
Benefits & Beyond
Vituity cares about the whole you. With our comprehensive benefits package, we are mindful of what matters most, and support your needs of today and your plans for the future.
- Superior Health Plan Options
- Dental, Vision, HSA/FSA, life and AD&D coverage, and more
- Partnership models allows a K-1 status pay structure, allowing high tax deductions
- Extraordinary 401K Plan with high tax reduction and faster balance growth
- Eligible to receive an Annual Profit Distribution/yearly cash bonus
- EAP, travel assistance, and identify theft included
- Student loan refinancing options
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives including LGBTQ+ History, DÃa de los Muertos Celebration, Money Management/Money Relationship, and more.
- Purpose-driven culture focused on improving the lives of our patients, communities, and employees.
We are unified around the common purpose of transforming healthcare to improve lives and we believe everyone has a role to play in that. We know that when we work together across sites and specialties as an integrated healthcare team, we can exceed the expectations of our patients and the hospitals and clinics we work in. If you are looking to make a difference, from clinical to corporate, Vituity is the place to do it. Come grow with us.
Vituity appreciates differences; our dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion is at the heart of our organization. Vituity does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information (including family medical history), veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law. Vituity is committed to complying with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity.
Applicants Only. No agencies please.