HMFP - Director of Multidisciplinary Anesthesia
- Boston, Massachusetts
- Jan 12, 2023
- Apr 30, 2023
- Healthcare, Hospital
- Academia, Anesthesiology, Surgery, Urology
Beth Israel Lahey Health and Harvard Medical School
The Director of Multidisciplinary Anesthesia will lead the newly created Division of Multidisciplinary Anesthesia, which encompasses anesthetics provided to a broad variety of surgical divisions and will serve as a home to most general anesthesiologists. They will report to the Chair of the Department of Anesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Medicine at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston, MA.
The primary responsibility of this position is to create clear pathways for career advancement and development, both clinically and academically, for members of the division. This includes facilitating mentorship, promoting clinical skills and knowledge development, and acting as a liaison to coordinate with the existing directors of vascular, thoracic, and transplant anesthesia. The goal of the Director of Multidisciplinary Anesthesia is to ensure that members of the division are able to reach their fullest professional potential.
The Division of Multidisciplinary Anesthesia will deliver safe, efficient, and cost-effective anesthesia services to the following surgical divisions:
- General Surgery
- Liver transplant
- Endocrine surgery
Other responsibilities will include:
* Maintaining a strong clinical presence on both campuses – Building and maintaining a strong relationship with the Department of Surgery.
* Collaborating with Anesthesia and Surgical Division Chiefs/Directors to create, review and update policies, procedures and operating procedures related to clinical services.
* Support the clinical, educational/teaching, research and professional development mission of the Department of Anesthesiology, Critical Care and Pain Medicine.
*Working with the administrative and nursing leadership to ensure the productive management of Anesthesia services.
* Participating in appropriate departmental and hospital committees.
Appointment as an Instructor, Assistant or Associate Professor of Anaesthesia at the Harvard Medical School will be commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should apply to the following link:
HMFP – Director of Multidisciplinary Anesthesia
and submit a letter of interest and CV.
Any questions regarding these positions can be directed to the following email at: email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply for HMFP - Director of Multidisciplinary Anesthesia
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly