Academic Hematopathologist - Professors
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Jan 09, 2023
- Feb 28, 2023
- Requisition number: 22009488
- Academia, Community Health, Healthcare
Academic Hematopathologist (Assistant Professor (1-5 years of experience), Associate Professor (6-10 years of experience) or Professor (10 + years) (tenure or nontenure depending on qualifications); University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine.
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh, Division of Hematopathology in the Section of Laboratory Medicine. All Divisions in Laboratory Medicine have a strong interest in service, research and education and serve the UPMC Health System.
- Administrative leadership opportunities, depending on experience.
- Provide diagnostic hematopathology services covering bone marrow, lymph node, pediatric, flow cytometry and general hematology services.
- Actively participate in Divisional educational activities
- Pursue clinical/translational investigations.
- Experience in a large hospital-based hematopathology service and in molecular hematopathology are beneficial, together with a proven academic track record
- Laboratory-based investigations and entrepreneurial efforts are supportable based on prior accomplishments.
- Must have an M.D. with board certification in Hematopathology
- Eligibility for medical licensure in Pennsylvania is required.
- A record of and commitment to scholarly activities and publications
- Must be able to work in the United States
SALARY and BENEFITS:
- Salary will be commensurate with experience. The individual will be a full-time faculty member at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, as well as a participant in the UPMC/UPP faculty practice plan.
APPLICATION: Go to Talent Center at www.join.pitt.edu and search for requisition number: 22009488 in the keyword search.
Contact for general inquiries listed below.
Alan Wells, M.D., D.M.Sc., Executive Vice-Chair for Laboratory Medicine, Department of Pathology, UPMC Clinical Lab Building-Rm. 9022, 3477 Euler Way, Pittsburgh, PA 15213 (email@example.com).
The University of Pittsburgh is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer and values equality of opportunity, human dignity and diversity, EOE, including disability/veterans.